I Am Troy Davis
Posted in Matters of Urgency
November 1, 2011
8:00 PM | Copley Formal Lounge
Join Lannan Center for a panel on the execution of Troy Davis and the death penalty. Speakers include Kimberly Davis, Troy Davis’ sister; Lawrence Hayes, co-founder of Campaign to End the Death Penalty and death row exoneree; Jen Marlowe, author, activist and film maker; and Laura Moye, director of Amnesty International USA’s Death Penalty Abolition Campaign. Each participant will give their perspective on death penalty policy and then answer questions from the audience. A reception will follow.
This event is free and open to the public.
Thanks to the Georgetown Solidarity Committee, Program on Justice and Peace and Georgetown University College Democrats for their support.
- “A Circle of Prayer for Troy Davis and the Country that Would Kill Him” by Jen Marlowe. Colorlines. 21 September 2011.
- “Georgia Plans to Kill Troy Davis Next Week. Can It Still Be Stopped?” by Jen Marlowe. Colorlines. 14 September 2011.
- “Too Much Doubt: Is Georgia Really Prepared to Kill Troy Davis?” by Jen Marlowe. The Nation. 13 September 2011.
- “Dispatch from Death Row: Saving Troy Davis With a Family’s Love” by Jen Marlowe. Colorlines. 1 June 2011.
- “The Locked Gate: Standing Up For My Brother on Death Row” by Martina Davis-Correia, as told to Jen Marlowe. yes!. 10 May 2011.
- “Troy Davis Innocence Claim Denied” by Jen Marlowe. The Nation. 8 September 2010.
- From US to Israel, Racial Injustice Is Not an Exception” by Jen Marlowe. Worldfocus.org. 21 August 2009.
Examining the Troy Davis Case
Note: You can watch the 4 part series Examining The Troy Davis Case here.
Video by Jen Marlowe Featuring Davis’ sister, Martina Correia